Who should locate a new display for our next generation product? Should the engineer or purchasing or someone else in th

dnelson.dwn

Who should locate a new display for our next generation product? Should the engineer or purchasing or someone else in th

Post by dnelson.dwn »

Who should locate a new display for our next generation product? Should the engineer or purchasing or someone else in the company?
summerlinga8

Re: Who should locate a new display for our next generation product? Should the engineer or purchasing or someone else i

Post by summerlinga8 »

Very good question. The engineer will look for a LCD that is the best fit, but it may be from an unreliable supplier. Purchasing will look for the lowest cost or shortest lead time, but the display may not meet the products needs.

I am going to step out on a limb here, but I suggest that purchasing chooses the suppliers (pick 2 or 3 or 4) and then let engineering talk to them. Choose a supplier that has been around for a few years and will get you references to some of their long term customers.

Stay away from online stores that sell LCDs and shoes and hand tools. Pick a supplier that supplies LCDs and only LCDs.