The color display in my car is cracked. Can you supply the glass needed to repair? If not, can I buy a replacement displ

metz.frederik

The color display in my car is cracked. Can you supply the glass needed to repair? If not, can I buy a replacement displ

Post by metz.frederik »

The color display in my car is cracked. Can you supply the glass needed to repair? If not, can I buy a replacement display from you?
jamil.dubuque

Re: The color display in my car is cracked. Can you supply the glass needed to repair? If not, can I buy a replacement d

Post by jamil.dubuque »

I don’t know what type of LCD this is, but if it’s multi-color, I would assume a TFT or OLED. Either way, you can’t take the top piece of glass that is cracked and replace it with another.

We do supply TFTs and OLEDs, but I doubt we have a drop in equivalent. Displays are unique to each manufacture and not interchangeable. There are many differences including size of glass, the interface (how the display talks to the microprocessor), voltage and current and many other variables.

We can cross over displays, but we need the schematics to make sure it is a drop in.

Some have asked us to build a custom TFT to replace their broken one. The tooling cost for a TFT can run up to $200K+, plus you will need to buy several thousand at a time.

I wish we could help you. Your best bet is to go back to the car’s manufacture and order one from them. They will be expensive, but they are an equivalent.